I ran out of my body lotion a couple of days ago and decided to make my own with some of my leftover ingredients from the $20 for my money-saving cycle. It was really easy to make.
- 1/2 oz or 1/8 Cup of beeswax
- 1/2 oz or 1/8 Cup of cocoa butter (I used Shea Butter because it’s what I had on hand)
- 2 oz or 1/4 Cup of coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons almond oil
- 4 Tablespoons distilled water
- 4 Teaspoons of kaolin clay or as much as needed to thicken
- Melt all ingredients, except the clay, in microwave safe bowl, until beeswax is melted.
- Remove and stir until cool. It should begin to thicken into a lotion.
- My particular concoction was not thick enough for my liking, so I added about 4 teaspoons of kaolin clay to the mixture. You can add as much as you like to make it the consistency you want or not at all.
- I also added tea tree oil to take away the beeswax smell. You could certainly add whatever essential oil you like. Tea tree was what I had on hand.
- I used a funnel to add the mixture to my existing lotion bottle.
That’s it! You can double up on the ingredients or whatever you need, according to how much you wish to make or depending on the size of your container.