When you’re gluten-free you learn to improvise when it comes to meals. Years ago, before I learned how to make a good gluten-free pie crust, I found a way to make an apple pie without the crust. This is a very simple and easy recipe that anyone who knows how to use a knife and a frying pan can manage with ease. I know you’ll enjoy making and eating these fried apples.
- 2 Tbsp Butter or oil of choice
- 2 Large Apples (cut into medium slices)
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
1. Melt butter in frying pan on a medium heat. Place in apples, stirring apples every so often. Fry apples until soft and a nice golden color.
2. Add 2 Tbsp Honey and stir together.
3. Add 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon and stir together.
4. Let apples simmer for 1-2 minutes and turn off heat.
5. Put into a bowl and enjoy!
This yummy recipe tastes just like the filling inside an apple pie, if not better. For those of you seeking a quick and easy recipe for your sweet tooth, but haven’t quite conquered gluten-free baking, this is the perfect recipe for you. I know I enjoy this sweet treat and I know you will too!