There are so many recipes out in the world today and easily accessible by simply typing what you’re looking for into google. The down side to there being so many recipes is it can be a chore to find the exact one you’re looking for. Whether you’re looking for this chocolate cake recipe or not, you’re going to want to use it! The reason I can say that is because it’s gluten-free, easy, few ingredients, cheaper than most and it’s chocolate, what more can you ask for? Even if you’re just having it for a family dinner, family get together or a picnic, this recipe is definitely for you.
- 1/4 Cup Organic Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1 1/4 Cups Namaste Foods, Perfect Blend Flour (All-Purpose)
- 1/2 Tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Organic Free-Range Egg
- 1 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Filtered Water (preferably cold)
- 1/3 Cup Organic Sunflower Oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 Cup Organic Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 inch glass cake pan, or place cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler on the stove.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl beat the egg and sugar together.
- Stir in water and oil until well mixed.
- Stir in the melted chocolate then flour, baking soda and salt. Beat batter until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan and level the top or fill cupcakes 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top of cake.
- Place in oven and bake for 34-38 minutes (17-22 minutes for cupcakes) or until a toothpick can be inserted into middle and come out clean.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.