This pie is a great rendition of your typical holiday pie with a little bit of a twist. If you have never tried a raisin pie this recipe is a great one to try and even if you have, you’ll definitely love this! Making this sweet pie have a tart edge to it is one of the best ideas. Don’t forget to leave room for dessert or you’ll be missing out.
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cup Namaste Foods, Perfect Blend Flour (All-Purpose Flour)
- 1/2 Cup Sorghum Flour (Gluten-Free)
- 1 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Cup Organic Grass Fed Butter
- 5-6 Tbsp Cold Water
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until you can use your hands to knead yourself (I’ve found this is the most effective way to mix dough for crusts).
- Once the dough has been thoroughly kneaded, divide dough in half, press half the dough into a greased/oiled pie pan and press dough up the sides.
- Using either wax or parchment paper, roll out the other half of dough (using a rolling pin) to the size that will fit over the edges of the pie and cut out design in the center for heat to be released.
- (set aside till fillings are in the pie).
Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Namaste Foods, Perfect Blend Flour (All-Purpose)
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Organic Apple Juice
- 2 2/3 Cup Organic Fresh/Frozen Cranberries
- 1 Cup Organic Raisins
- Pre-Heat Oven 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg, slowly add in apple juice until smooth.
- Add in cranberries and raisins, bringing the ingredients to a boil.
- Once at a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes until ingredients thicken.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Place top pie crust gently onto the top of the pie, (If it breaks, no worries just piece together, it happens).
- Press the edge of top crust to the edge of the bottom crust, locking them together so there are no leaks.
- Put in pre-heated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust has a nice golden brown tint.
- Take out of the oven, let cool and Enjoy!