Recently, some friends came over for lunch and brought with them a cabbage salad. It reminded me of a fumi cabbage salad my mother once made that was a favorite of mine. I have made some changes over the years to the recipe and now have a healthier, organic and gluten-free version of the cabbage salad recipe.
Fumi (Cabbage) Salad
- 1 head of Organic Cabbage
- 8 Tbsp sliced Organic Raw Almonds
- 8 Tbsp Organic Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- 1 Cup of crushed (dry) Rice Noodles
Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a skillet. Chop the head of cabbage in to bite size pieces. Mix together cabbage, sesame seeds, almonds and crushed rice noodles. In another bowl mix together the dressing.
- 1/4 Tsp of powdered stevia or 8 – 12 drops of liquid stevia
- 1 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil or Almond Oil
- 1 Tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt
- 6 Tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
Pour dressing over cabbage mixture before serving and mix well.
This is a yummy healthy variation to the cabbage salad. It’s a fun twist to a boring dinner salad and great to take to a potluck dinner.