It’s that time of the year again, the time for sweaters and sweatpants because you ate too much at Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone has their favorite parts of the dinner, for those of you who love cranberry sauce, this revised version will have everybody coming back for seconds. You may even want to double if not triple this batch depending on the size of your family gathering!
Cranberry Apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups (12 oz) Organic Fresh Cranberries
- 2 Medium Organic Gala Apples (cored, peeled and diced)
- 3/4 Cup Organic Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Raw Honey
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine all the ingredients.
- Cook at a medium heat, stirring often.
- Continue stirring, cranberries will start to “pop” or “burst” as they get hot.
- Keep stirring even after they “pop”, until the cranberries thicken to a sauce consistency ( the whole process takes about 10-15 minutes).
- Turn off heat and allow to cool before transferring to your serving dish.
- Cover and place in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours.