When I first thought about eating vegan, I was thinking that I may have to specifically buy vegan food. Thankfully, I found that isn’t true because I live in the country and my choice of grocery stores are rather selective. Most of them do not carry anything marked ‘vegan.’
However, I remembered while researching vegan breakfast ideas how much I really liked Chia Seed Pudding. Not only is chia seed pudding very affordable to make, chia seeds have many health benefits such as high in minerals and vitamins, fiber and essential fatty acids. To learn more about the benefits of chia seeds check out this link, Chia Seed Benefits: 10 Reasons to Add Chia to Your Diet. I really love this quick breakfast idea and I hope you do too!
Chia Seed Pudding with Fruit
- 1 cup of organic chia seeds
- 4 1/2 cups of Almond milk
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 – 1/2 gallon jar, washed and dried
- Pour almond milk into the jar.
- Add chia seeds and maple syrup.
- Cover with lid and shake well.
- Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- The pudding should have a nice applesauce consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and add desired fruit such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and kiwi.
- Makes 1/2 gallon chia seed pudding and will last refrigerated up to 3 days.