Anxiety disorders may affect anyone. Developed as a result of a combination of complex factors. Like genetics, brain chemistry, life events, and personality traits. It has a lifetime prevalence between 4.3 and 5.9 percent. People suffering from an anxiety disorder are six times more likely to be admitted to a hospital for other psychiatric disorders. And three to five times more likely to visit a doctor for mental health problems.
Anxiety makes one experience excessive fear, irritability, stress, and uncontrolled and unexplained anger. Which, in turn, affects an individual’s ability to execute day-to-day life functions. Since anxiety disorders are debilitating, it is important to help individuals whom it affects. While getting treatment from reputed doctors is the most recommended method to combat anxiety, an individual can try a few common natural remedies to help alleviate the symptoms.
Some natural remedies
- Protein-rich diet. Protein-rich foods comprise tryptophan, a compound known to have positive effects on an individual’s stress and anxiety levels. Further, amino acids, the structural building blocks for many proteins, enable the production of mood-boosting hormones and neurotransmitters like serotonin. The higher the levels of these hormones, the better one’s chances of combatting stress and anxiety.
- Diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Fatty acids are known as one of the most effective ways to treat anxiety disorders. These allow an individual’s brain to function properly and aid in the release of neurotransmitters. Which, in turn, keep the person happy. The main sources of omega-3 fatty acids include foods like salmon, walnuts, chia seeds, and flaxseeds.
- Magnesium-rich foods. Eating foods rich in magnesium content is also one of the easiest ways to reduce anxiety. Known as one of the most effective and calming minerals, magnesium can help the human brain relax. Additionally, it blocks the entry of stress hormones in the brain, which, in turn, reduces stress. Some of the common foods rich in magnesium are spinach, almond, peanuts, and cashews.
- Vitamin B supplemented diet. Vitamin B is an essential component that helps regulate the healthy functioning of the human brain. Affecting an individual’s mood and emotions. Ingesting vitamin B rich foods like avocado and almonds can be an effective remedy to lower excessive stress and anxiety.
- GABA-rich foods. A type of amino acid, foods rich in GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) content are great mood-boosters. This is because GABA-rich foods like cherry tomatoes and probiotic drinks help relieve anxiety-related symptoms like insomnia, blood pressure, and severe pain.
Seeking help for anxiety disorders
In addition to eating better, an individual trying to combat anxiety disorders should also maintain a healthy routine that includes proper sleep cycles, adequate rest, and physical exercise. Further, they can also incorporate the use of supplements like ashwagandha and kava root and essential oils like lavender and Roman chamomile. Apart from these, support from friends and family also go a long way in helping a person seek relief from anxiety. If, in spite of all these precautions and efforts, an individual still does not find any relief from anxiety, then they should not delay seeking an expert’s advice from anxiety treatment centers in California.
Article source: Sooper Articles