Inflammatory relief is possible in the long term. However, with inflammation in the short term wounds could become a nasty site of an injury. This occurrence could even become life threatening. Inflammation can be swelling, warmth, redness, pain, and limited mobility. The body is amazing and it sends the body’s immune cells, hormones and nutrients to fix the problem. Inflammation can be problematic, though, and it plays a role in some chronic diseases.
There are two types of inflammation: acute (short term) and chronic (long term). I already discussed short term. Chronic inflammation can lead to long term conditions. The purpose of this article is to review the kinds of foods in the western diet that may cause chronic inflammation.
Processed, packaged, or prepared foods, including fast food, are at the top the list of inflammatory foods.
1. Fast Food is at the top of the list of inflammatory foods.
Fast food can contain ingredients such as unhealthy oils, sugar, artificial sweeteners, and additives.
2. Hydrogenated and trans-fats found in margarine, shortening, lard or products made with them.
3. Alcoholic beverages are high in sugar and a burden to the liver.
4. Fried foods (French fries, onion rings, potato chips, nachos, hamburgers, etc.).
These items speak for themselves in volumes!
5. Recent research is showing that sugar is one of the most addictive substances you can use.
It is also highly inflammatory.
6. Synthetic sweeteners.
Research on synthetic or artificial sweeteners has shown to cause many serious health problems.
7. Iodized salt has “anti-clumping” chemicals.
So, it is not good for us.
8. Food additives.
A lot of the foods our children eat contain additives. These additives can be toxic.
9. Today’s dairy products contain many harmful things.
They can contain things like hormones and antibiotics so avoid them as much as possible.
10. Wheat is highly acid-forming and inflammatory in the body.
Most wheat available is GM. Genetically modified wheat is to blame for many health problems.
11. Gluten is highly inflammatory.
Gluten is in many grains so choose grains or seeds like buckwheat, quinoa or millet for your baking.
Keep in mind that a plant-based eating lifestyle tends to be much lower in inflammatory substances.