By Anand Kumar
Essential oils are compounds derived from the roots, leaves, barks, seeds or peels of plants. They assist plants to ward off pests and stay healthy. There have many physical, mental and emotional benefits for man. They and are very powerful, hence, they should be used in moderation.
It is very important to check the quality of the essential oil. Quality can be affected by soil conditions, use of pesticides/chemicals, the inconsistency of altitude and so on. It is also crucial to avoid adulterated products in order not to add salt to injury. Packaging, storage, and handling should also be considered because the exposure of the oil to heat, light, and oxygen can lead to chemical degeneration. They should be stored in firmly closed, darkened glass jar and placed in a cool, dry place in order to ensure that the quality is maintained at all times.
Furthermore, there are lots of advantages to using essential oils.
Some of them are;
- increased energy
- improved sleep
- reduction of pain
- reduction of stress
- relief of sore joints and muscles
- digestive relief
- improved mood
- boosted focus and concentration
- They can also be used in DIY cleaning products, personal care items, and beauty recipes.
Essential oils can be used in a variety of ways.
- They can be inhaled in order to heighten the senses and bring the body as well as mind into a positive state.
- Some oils are safe to apply directly to the skin like the soles, ears, abdomen, upper back and so on.
- Some of them can also be consumed as a dietary supplement but this is dependent on the quality of the oil.
- However, it is very important to follow the recommended dosage and seek the advice of a health professional before taking them internally.
Essential oils can be extracted from lavender, frankincense, peppermint, lemon, eucalyptus and so on. Lavender helps in soothing stress, insomnia, allergies as well as cuts and burns. Frankincense is good for treating arthritis, wounds, dry skin and boosting cell regeneration. Peppermint assists in fighting headache, heartburn, nausea, sore muscle and itchy skin. Lemon handles a sore throat, cold, depression and alkalizes your body. Eucalyptus is wonderful for treating asthma, itchy scalp, sinus pressure or pain, colds, and flu.
You should always endeavor to check the label of your essential oil in order to be sure of the safe manner to use it. It is also vital to double-check and ensure that you use pure oil and not a synthetic one.
Article source: Ezine Articles