I’ve been wanting to make my own bar soap for sometime. I’ve looked at recipes online and pondered what ingredients I wanted to include in a soap. I knew I didn’t want to try a lye soap. If you knew me or know me, you would know that is an accident waiting to happen. So I decided on a glycerine based, goat’s milk soap.
I compared prices on the web to purchase the base, but when I received a 50% off coupon at a local craft store I knew I couldn’t find a better price. I was off to the craft store to purchase my soap making supplies. Along with my 50% off a regular priced item I was also able to use a 30% off your entire purchase coupon, so I bought molds, shea butter and coloring drops for my soap project. As with all my projects, I a chose a very easy recipe. I hope you enjoy this one! I know I’m looking forward to trying the bar of soap out for myself.
- 1 lb Goat’s Milk Glycerin
- 1 oz Shea Butter
- 5 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 oz Coconut Oil
- Coloring drops (optional)
- 20 drops each (lightly scented) 40 drops each (stronger scent):
- Frankincense oil – Antiseptic, Astringent, Anti-Aging, Stress Reducer and Relaxation, Anti-inflammatory properties
- Myrrh – Strengthens immune system
- In a double boil melt the goat’s milk glycerin, shea butter, coconut oil and raw honey.
- When everything is completely melted remove your double boiler from the heat.
- Add your coloring and essential oils.
- Pour into greased soap molds.
- Allow them to cool completely and remove your soap from molds.
I hope you enjoy this one! I know I’m looking forward to trying the bar of soap out for myself.