We ALL Matter
So how does this all equate to being an entrepreneur? Well it really all depends on what type of entrepreneur you strive to be. If your goal only includes I, I, I, then maybe you need to rethink your motives. It takes more than one person to build a dream. People need to believe in your dream, your movement, your idea in order to truly stand behind the work they will do for you. Whether it’s a partner, teammates, or staff, being genuinely concerned with their feelings and their life goals will only enhance the work they do and the loyalty they have for you.
It really all boils down to my previous post about empowering your team. But in order to organically be able to do this, it has to come from the heart. Being transparent in most situations usually produces a much better result whether it’s in your personal or business life. Let’s be honest, most ethical business people who have good reputations usually are good people in their private life too.
Now, I want to flip it on you. We ALL matter, and that means you too. It is important to remember to be kind to yourself, compassionate with your struggles and trials, and remember how awesome you really are. Most importantly, you deserve to be successful. If you don’t believe it how will anyone else? If you can’t genuinely feel those things about yourself, then it will be hard to feel those things for others. Keeping a compassionate attitude can be taxing sometimes but here are somethings I try to do or think about when I feel like I need a recharge.
- Prayer or Meditation is always relaxing and if you make a special little spot in the house that is reserved for that, it can be quite enjoyable, humbling and relaxing.
- Get out of the city and be in nature. It is good to take off those shoes and walk on the earth. Turn that cell phone off and take a deep breath
- Do your hobby. I love to sing, so I just turn on the music and let it blow. It releases so much stress while also evoking emotion.
- Spend time with your pets or donate time at an animal shelter. Animals really help soothe the soul and release anxiety. They are super recharge machines.
- This is the most important one for me. Give food, clothes, money and or time to others in need. Even if we don’t have a lot, we give something almost every time we come in contact with a homeless individual. We talk to them, and try and make them know they are our brothers and sisters. When you think of their families or people, try and think of them the same as you and your family. Put your life in perspective and know that being less fortunate can happen to anyone and it is a gift to have the ability to help another person out.
These are just a few things I like to do when I feel like the world is getting to me and I need perspective. I want to be my best, so I can treat my team the best. Because at the end of the day. We ALL Matter.
Schussler, Steve. “8.” It’s A Jungle In There. New York: Union Square, 2010. 61. Print.
Article source: https://organicbusinessgrowth.wordpress.com/