Meatless Mondays is an initiative to help us better our health, our environment, and our all around quality of life. Going vegan or vegetarian can often be seen as a huge step to take, therefore focusing on one day a week can seem easier to take on!
What Meatless Mondays does for:
- Reduces heart disease and stroke
- Limits cancer risk
- Fights diabetes
- Curbs obesity
- You’ll live longer
- Improves the nutritional quality of your diet
- Curbs healthcare spending
- Cuts weekly budge
- Minimizes water usage
- Reduces greenhouse gases
- Reduces fuel dependence
Go meatless at least once a week and reduce your risk of chronic preventable conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity. It can also help reduce your carbon footprint and save precious resources like fossil fuels and fresh water.
Pictured above is a simple chia seed pudding topped with sunflower seeds and fruit!
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- a handful of shredded coconut,
- add sugar to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together until well blended.
- Chill in the fridge over night.
- Finally, top with whatever you’d like, such as fruit, nuts, granola, etc!