Natural Cough Syrup
Honey is nature’s go to for numerous things, including couph syrup. Try my recipe next time cough syrup is needed for someone in your family and feel good knowing the ingredients are all natural. This jar of cough syrup is good for 3 months. If you do not think you can use this whole jar in 3 months it’s best to make a pint jar and cut the recipe in half. *Please Note that honey is NOT intended for children under 12 months of age.
- 1 Quart sized jar with lid, or pint sized for a half recipe
- Raw Organic Honey (preferably local)
- 1 Organic Lemon
- Organic Ginger Root
- Fill jar half way with raw honey.
- Wash lemon then slice into discs leaving the rind on, then cut discs into quarters. Do this step on a plate so you can also use the juice that occurs from slicing.
- Peel then chop or grate two quarter size pieces of ginger root.
- Place the ginger, lemon pieces and lemon juice in the jar with the honey.
- Fill the remaining space in the jar with more raw honey.
- Place the ring and lid on the jar and refrigerate.