Holistic Herbal Solutions-Part 1
By Angela Brand
Part 2 coming soon
“Take Control of Your Health Naturally”
Holistic herbal solutions can also be defined as or simply called natural home remedies. There are more ways than you can possible think of to help yourself be naturally healthy or healthier. I am not saying that you should totally dismiss you primary care physician but I am saying that you can possibly visit him MUCH less. Taking care of yourself naturally is a lifestyle but once you make those changes it will be well worth the efforts as you will wonder why you didn’t do it sooner! Holistic herbal solutions can be incorporated into you life little by little as you find out what works for you. Soon your world will be a much calmer, happier, healthier place to be!
- Pour boiling water over basil leaves and soak feet to relieve foot pain
- Chewing parsley neutralizes mouth odors.
- Chew on mint leaves.
- Gargle with a small cup of lemon juice to kill order causing bacteria. Then eat a serving of plain unsweetened yogurt. This has lactobacillus bacteria which replaces the smelly bacteria. Together they neutralize the odor which lasts 12 to 24 hours
- Eat 3 oz of white Albacore tuna. It contains 800 mg of omega-3’s which have been known to help treat depression.
- Apply aloe vera gel to the burn as needed. You can use juice directly from the plant as well.
- Apply extra virgin olive oil to skin after sunbathing to help prevent skin cancer.
- Use olive oil as moisturizer for your lips. It will serve as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant as well as a lubricant to heal your lips.
- Use lemon balm for healing and preventing cold sores.
- Put toothpaste on area as soon as you feel burning sensation. Let it dry and wear overnight.
- Drink tea made from lemon thyme to treat colds before bed. (Don’t use thyme when pregnant.)
- Drink a hot toddy Ingredients: juice from half a lemon, teaspoon of organic raw honey and half shot of brandy
- Mix two teaspoons of honey along with 500 mg of Ester C 30 minutes before bed.
- Eat one or two squares of dark chocolate. Yes, dark chocolate. The chocolate’s theobromine compound helps suppress that persistent cough without the side effects of drowsiness and constipation.
- Place a handful of mint leaves in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Lean over it draping a towel over your head and breathe in the steam.
- Drink lemon thyme tea as an antioxidant. (Don’t use thyme while pregnant)
- Soak in an oatmeal bath. Place whole oats in a sock, sealing the end with a rubber band. Drop the sock in a hot bath. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drink a bottle of water with a packet of Emergen-C. Vitamin C’s ability to combat oxidative stress helps provide energy, and the vitamin plays a key role in metabolizing iron, which helps your body move energizing oxygen through your bloodstream.
- For fever above 102 degrees F take a cool sponge bath to lower temperature
- Drink linden flower tea. Drink 3 – 4 cups a day. Linden tea stimulates the hypothalamus and dilates the blood vessels inducing sweating.
- Take a daily foot bath in strong black tea for 30 minutes. Tea’s tannins kill bacteria and close the pores in your feet. Bacteria grows better in moist environments and your feet do not sweat as much with closed pores.
- Soak your feet in a foot bath of 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water. This will eliminate bacteria causing odors.
- Try applying peppermint essential oil topically to hair follicles to encourage hair growth.
- Drink water and take a B-50 Complex supplement before you go to bed to help break down the alcohol in your body.
- · Drink water and take activated charcoal before you go to bed to help remove the toxins in your body.
- Rub crushed basil leaves on your temples for headache relief.
- Try relaxing magnesium (200 to 400 mg) to reduce the muscle tension and spasms. Make sure the supplement contains at least 200 mg of active elemental magnesium. This is more a preventative measure so if you know when you usually get headaches you can take this the day before.
- The 37 g of carbs in a medium potato can ease a tension headache by upping serotonin levels, as long as you keep the fat and protein below 2 g
- Chamomile Tea: Steep 2 teaspoons of the Chamomile in 10 ounces of very hot water for 20 minutes, covering the cup to keep the essential oils in the water.
- The 3 g of fiber in four dried figs helps create soft, regular stools that will keep hemorrhoids from returning.
- Two capsules of activated charcoal will help create soft, regular stools that will keep hemorrhoids from returning
- Simply submerge a few sprigs of mint in an eight ounce glass of water and drink up.
- One medium pear has 5 g of dietary fiber, much of it in the form of pectin, which helps flush out bad cholesterol, a risk factor in heart disease.
For more natural health information and ideas go to http://www.callmothernature.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com