Separation anxiety affects many dogs, but they all cope with it differently. Does your beloved pet become anxious when you leave home? Have you come home to find your house in chaos and your dog in a state of extreme agitation, whining and upset? Chewing, pacing, whining, or barking are some of the ways our animals clue us into the fact that they’re stressed. As pet owners, it’s our obligation to do what we can to alleviate the stress that comes with separation. You don’t need prescription medication that can leave them drowsy. Instead, you can offer natural solutions that are healthy and nutritious. These simple biscuits might be just the thing to help keep your dog calm when it’s time for you to leave your house.
Anxiety Relief Dog Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Wheat flour
- 1 cup Organic Whole Oats
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp dried Chamomile or Lemon Balm
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the liquid ingredients.
- Knead into a ball, and then roll out onto a floured surface.
- Cut into biscuits and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes at 350°F.
- These are a fairly moist biscuit so I recommend storing in the refrigerator.