Organic products are recommended
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- Roma tomatoes (make sure they are ripe but not to mushy)
- Fresh parsley (handful)
- Fresh Dill (2 TBS)
- Fresh Mint (dash) NOT peppermint
- Fresh cilantro (dash)
- Red onion (1/4 cup finely chopped)
- Feta cheese (top of salad)
- Avocado (top of salad)
- Olives of choice (top of salad)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup olive oil (add to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6-8 large cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1-2 tsp Himalayan salt (fine)
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Cut romaine lettuce into medium size pieces. Not too small as you do not want the dressing to make the salad limp too quickly. I will add Organic Girl “baby spring mix”. Its $5.99-6.99 for a big box tripled washed and has a variety of greens in its mixture that are healthy and supply you with vitamins, minerals and protein. It easy and also tastes great.
- Next cut up the tomatoes, cucumber, and finely chop the red onions. Add to salad; mix in parsley, dill, mint, and cilantro. Cover and put in fridge.
- Peel garlic and put it in a herb masher. Add 1 tsp Himalayan salt and mash into a nice paste. Make sure it is a smooth consistency. Add a little more salt if need be. This will make sure the garlic will spread nicely over the salad when tossed.
- Add the fresh lemon juice to garlic paste, mix well.
- Add olive oil and stir well.
- Toss dressing into salad about 15-20 minutes before serving (no more than that).
- Salt and Pepper to taste. Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Before serving add fresh sliced avocado, olives and feta (all optional) to top.
- Serve with hummus and/or pita bread and enjoy!