- 8 Taco shells
- 2 Avocados
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Can of refried black beans
- 2 Cups of frozen corn
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Large handful of chopped cilantro
- 3 Teaspoons of fresh lime juice
- Line the taco shells on a baking sheet and set aside until they are ready to be assembled.
- Open the can of refried beans and place in a slightly oiled cast iron pan, and then turn on the stove to medium heat. Slowly stir the beans for 5-10 minutes or until hot. Evenly distribute the beans into your taco shells.
- Measure 2 cups of frozen corn and place in a steamer for 5 minutes or follow the instructions on the bag. The corn, like the refried beans, is placed into each shell evenly.
Now that the warm filling is ready, it’s time to make the fresh pico de gallo and avocados which are simply sliced thinly and placed into the tacos.
To make the pico de gallo, similar to fresh salsa, chop up your tomatoes into small pieces and place into a medium-sized bowl. Mince your cloves of garlic and add them to the bowl as well. Depending on your preference, chop either half or all of the red onion into small pieces and add them to the bowl. Next comes the lime juice and finely chopped cilantro which are mixed into the salsa and give it its fresh summery flavor. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for extra seasoning.
When the tacos are ready to be served, add a spoonful of your pico de gallo to the top of each.
This quick and simple recipe yields 8 tacos.