By Dan Chabert
Sugar has been branded as the sweet poison that is slowly but surely increasing the obesity cases around the world beyond comprehension. Doctors around the world are advising people to drop this agent of potential destruction from the diets to free up the body and give room for shedding those excess kilos.
If you are contemplating on following the sugar-free journey, the journey may throw you a few curve balls. If you aren’t sure of the types of food to eat, we have created 3 easy-to-follow sugar-free recipes to help you out.
Orange Peel Tofu Recipe
Orange peel tofu is a recipe tracing its roots to China. It’s a great recipe when you are looking to take a virtual tour of Asia bursting with flavors. The ingredients are readily available making it a perfect meal for that lazy weeknight. As an added, bonus its sugar and gluten-free!
Number of Servings: 2
Calories per serving: 333 Kcal
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the sauce:
- 1 Large cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- Thin strips orange peels (Use half of the orange peel)
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Soy sauce (Preferably low-sodium brand)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 ½ Inches Freshly grated ginger
- 1 ½ Tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
For the chicken:
- 2 Tablespoons spicy sesame oil
- Tofu (cubed)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ Cups snow peas
- ½ Cup edamame, frozen and thawed
- Sliced spring onions
- Cooked brown rice
- In a large bowl, pour in the sauce ingredients and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat until it smokes. Add your spicy sesame oil and heat.
- In the meantime, season your chicken breasts with black pepper and salt.
- Place the tofu in your pan and cook for 10 minutes or until both sides are brown.
- Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add edamame, carrots and snow peas and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the tofu back to the pan and add the sauce.
- Cook for 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the spring onions and stir to mix.
- Serve with your brown rice.
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
If you are obsessed with buffalo chicken pasta, this is the recipe for you. If you a vegetarian, you can omit the chicken and substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
Number of Servings: 2
Calories per serving: 165 Kcal
Preparation time: 28 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 Cup raw cashews
- 1 Cup water
- 3 Medium zucchini, prepared into zoodles
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- 1 Diced medium sweet onion
- 1Diced red bell pepper
- 1 Lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless sliced into 1inch cubes
- ½ Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoon onion powder
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- ½ Cup hot sauce
- Avocado slices for serving
- In a small pot, add water and bring to a boil. Pour the cashew nuts to soak and set aside.
- Place your zucchini noodles on paper towels and sprinkle salt. Allow them to sit for 15 minutes to dry.
- In a large pan, heat the ghee over medium heat. Once the ghee has melted, add onions, bell pepper and cook until tender.
- Add your chicken thighs to the pan and cook for 6 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and sea salt. Stir continuously for 5 minutes.
- Drain the small bowl of cashews and pour them in a blender. Add ½ cup of water and proceed to blend until smooth.
- Pour the blender contents into the pan and stir to combine. In the meantime, you can start preparing your zoodles.
- Gently press the zoodles between kitchen paper towels. Once dry, turn off your heat and add them to the sauce. Gently but thoroughly stir and serve with your avocado slices.
Crock Pot Cinnamon Apple Steel Cut Oats
For the crock pot lovers, we’ve got you covered! This recipe helps you appreciate all the benefits that come with slow cooking. It’s sugar-free making it healthy, effortless to prepare and wafted with a heavenly aroma.
Number of Servings: 3
Calories per serving: 167.3 Kcal
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 hours
- Cooking spray to prevent your food from sticking
- 9 Cups water
- 20 Lbs sugar-free applesauce
- 2 Cups steel cut oats
- 1 Cup diced apple
- Spray your large slow cooker with cooking the spray.
- Add water, oats, diced apple, cinnamon, and applesauce in your cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 5 hours.
The final take
While walking the sugar-free journey, it doesn’t mean that you have to totally abstain from sugar. You should always consume small portions as moderation is key. After all, your body requires some sugar to function optimally.
About the Author:
Dan Chabert – Writing from Copenhagen, Denmark, Dan is an award-winning web lover and the Co-manager of several sites for your house needs and others. You can check these out That Sweet Gift, Borncute, Contractorculture and Runner Click. He is a travel Scholar at the same time a health Enthusiast.