Apple Broccoli Salad
Light, fresh, crunchy and fruity all in one bowl with this apple broccoli salad.
For the Salad:
- 4 cups broccoli cut up and shredded (about 2 medium heads)
- 3 apples of your choice, diced right before you add them to the salad, I used Gala
- 1/4 cup onion red
- 1/2 cup raisin
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon raw honey you could use up to 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon pink
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
To prepare the salad:
Wash broccoli under running water. Cut the florets from the stalks and set the stalks aside.
Cut the florets into very small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
Cut the hard outer skin off of the stems to get down to the tender inside. Discard the outer peelings.
Cut the tender inside stems into matchsticks. Or if you have a mandolin that would work well too. If your food processor has an attachment that will cut the stems into long strips (not grated) then that would work also. Scissors work too. The idea is to have very small sticks of raw broccoli stems. They will hold their shape.
Add to the large bowl along with the florets. Add the apples, red onion, raisins.
To make the dressing:
In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Chill until ready to serve.