Asian Almond Cabbage Salad
This cabbage salad side dish is great if you’re doing a Chinese themed lunch or dinner, or even if you’re just looking for a great tasting side dish. No matter the occasion, you’ll want to have this one in your recipe archives. There aren’t many people who can pass up this delicious dish once they’ve tried it once. It also helps that it’s vegan and healthy too!
- 2 Cups Organic Shredded Cabbage
- 1/3 Cup Jicama, peeled (mexican turnip)
- 1/3 Cup Organic Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Organic Rice Noodles (the thinner the better)
- 1/3 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Almond Slivers
- 2 Tsp Organic Cane Sugar (use Honey or Stevia for Paleo Recipe)
- 3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tsp Sesame Oil
- In a skillet on medium heat, add some oil (preferably sesame oil) to the skillet and add the noodles, sesame seeds and almonds.
- Turn and stir often to prevent burning, blanch for about 3-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all salad ingredients together and toss well (hold back 2 tbsp of sesame seeds).
- In a bowl or bottle, add all of the dressing ingredients +2 tbsp sesame seeds.
- Pour dressing over cabbage salad and toss until everything is covered.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 2+ hours.
- Make sure to stir before serving.