Mac and Cheese is a favorite comfort food for all ages. Who doesn’t enjoy Mac and Cheese, right? Being vegan and health conscious does not have to mean giving up such indulgences. If your making this dish for a younger audience try adding colorful organic vegetable spiral noodles. You could even spice things up a bit with a little paprika or perhaps even a little cayenne pepper on top. This is a great main dish but if you are having a big family dinner it is a great side dish.
- 1 Head of Organic Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 Medium Organic Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp of Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp of Virgin Olive Oil
- About 16 oz (1 box) of Elbow Noodles, cooked (or noodles of choice)
- 1 cup of Organic Soy Milk
- 1/2 block of Organic Tofu medium-firm
- 1/4 cup of Organic Soy Butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 cup of Raw Cashews
- 2 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp of Curry Powder
- 3 tbsp of Nutritional Yeast
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Put water in a pot on the stove to med-high heat, bring to boil for the pasta.
- Chop cauliflower and onion and place in a 9×13 casserole dish. Season with the Garam Marsala and drizzle the olive oil over the top.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, add your pasta to the boiling water.
- In your food processor combine the soy milk, tofu, raw cashews, garlic powder, curry powder and nutritional yeast. Blending until mixture is silky smooth.
- Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
- Cover the bottom of a second 9×13 casserole dish with 1/3 of the “cheese” mixture then place the pasta over the top and gently mix together.
- Pour another 1/3 of the “cheese” mixture over the noodles.
- Now add the cooked cauliflower and onions. Pour the remaining “cheese” evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for an additional 20 minutes.