Chicken And Mushroom Stroganoff
This Chicken Stroganoff is simple and yummy. It’s the perfect, filling meal to eat during the chilly months. This is another example of a clean meal. If you want to make this meal a vegetarian stroganoff just omit the chicken and use more portabello mushrooms and you can add some of your favorite vegetables.
- 2 Tbsp Organic butter (Vegan substitute – coconut oil)
- 1 Clove Organic Garlic, crushed
- 1 Cup Organic cherry tomatoes, diced
- 4 Organic Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless) (omit for Vegan)
- 1 8 oz Container Organic Portobello Mushrooms (Double for Vegan substitute)
- 1 Organic Onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth (Vegan substitute – vegetable broth)
- 1/2 Can Organic Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 Can Organic Gluten-Free Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 Package Organic Gluten-Free Egg Noodles
- Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- Fresh Tarragon to Taste
- Slice the Portobello mushrooms and set aside.
- Season and sauté the chopped onions, cherry tomatoes and garlic in butter (or oil) until tender. Set this mixture aside.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika. Then, in the same pan sauté the chicken breasts until they are brown. Remove the chicken from the pan so you can deglaze the it.
- Remove excess grease if there is any. Combine the wine and chicken (or vegetable) broth in the pan and bring to a low boil to dissolve any seasoning that has gotten stuck to your pan. Add the chili powder and mushrooms to create your pan sauce. Season the sauce to taste.
- Now add the mushroom & celery soups along with a can water. If prefer a creamier sauce use milk instead of the water in your sauce. Heat to a low boil.
- Add the onions, tomatoes and garlic to the sauce. Tear/shred the chicken to make irregular pieces or just slice the chicken breast up. Combine the chicken with the sauce making sure to cover the chicken.
- Now add the tarragon leaves and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Cook the noodles until al dente. Strain the noodles. Serve the chicken and sauce over the noodles.