This one dish meals are great because you put all of the ingredients together and you get a quick Mexican inspired meal. After living in the southeast and moving to the East coast, real Mexican food is a distant but missed delight! As a result, this casserole satisfies my cravings and (bonus!) it’s a gluten free recipe!
I lived in southern California for 20 years and I just loved eating enchiladas and burritos while I lived there! Don’t get these flavorful foods confused in any way with those fast food tacos places.
This is a real wholesome and filling dish amd they say these kinds of meals are the best in the winter. Since it’s a casserole, you don’t have to go through the procedure of rolling the meat in the corn tortillas. Hence, you get the flavors with less work! That convenience is what makes a casserole a snap for a family meal. Just make some corn muffins and a great tasty salad and dinner will be great!
- 1 1/2 lbs Organic Ground Beef
- 1 Can Gluten-Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 (10 oz) Cans Gluten-Free Mild Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Dozen Gluten-Free Corn Tortillas (cut into 2 inch squares
- 2 Cups Organic Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 Can (4 oz) Pitted Olives (optional)
- 1 Can Jalapenos (optional)
- First, brown the ground beef and drain the grease off of the meat.
- Add the soup, enchilada sauce, oregano, salt, garlic and cornstarch. Then, heat to a low boil and mixture thickens.
- Put a thin layer of meat sauce in a casserole dish. Then, add two layers of the cut tortillas, some onions, cheese, and olives (optional).
- Repeat these layers, ending with the sauce on top. Then, add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole.
- Finally, bake it at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- The jalapeños are tasty with this, if you want to add a little spicy kick!
This will feed between 6 to 8 people. For some reason, it tastes even better as leftovers….Yum!