When you’re on the paleo diet, it can be frustrating trying to curb the craving for pastries and sweet treats. Having been on and off the paleo diet myself, it can be difficult motivating myself to keep going without some type of incentive to stay away from the carbs. Thankfully, this recipe for gluten-free and paleo maple pumpkin spice donuts really helps cut the cravings. I hope you enjoy these delicious donuts as much as I do!
*Recipe for paleo maple glaze at very bottom
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Fine Ground Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsps Arrowroot Flour
- 1 Tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 4 Free-Range Organic Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla (Make your own!)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk (Or nut milk of choice)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Sunflower Oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2-3 Tbsps Raw Honey
- Pre-Heat your doughnut maker.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Next, add in the rest of your ingredients (wet ingredients) and use a whisk or fork to stir batter until smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Use a large spoon to ladle/pour the batter into your doughnut maker slots (make sure not to overfill).
- Shut the lid and let it cook until the “ready” light comes on, you will need to make sure the donuts have completely cooked (no goo on top of doughnut), if it isn’t done, shut the lid and let sit for another couple of minutes.
- Take out donuts and top with a glaze or frosting
Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsps Organic Coconut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Arrowroot Flour
- In a small saucepan, heat all the ingredients until it starts to lightly bubble.
- Turn off heat and whip until it starts to thicken some.
- Drizzle over your donuts.