Anyone who is a fan of lemon flavored everything, like myself, loves really good lemon bars. You will want to put this one away in your recipe archives. When I made this for my family and friends, they all had a piece and wished there was more. If you plan on taking this to a family get together or a party, make sure you double the recipe. Everyone will be wanting more!
- 1 Cup Namaste Foods, Perfect Blend Flour (GF All-Purpose Flour)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Grass-Fed Butter
- 1/4 Cup Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 Tsp Organic Grated Lemon Peel
- 2 Tbsp Organic Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 Organic Free-Range Eggs
- (Powdered Sugar for top when cooked and cooled)
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In small mixing bowl, mix together flour, butter, and powdered sugar, use a fork if you need to cut the butter into the flour. A pastry cutter also works well.
- Once mixed into a dough, press down into a non-greased 8×8 pan, making sure to build up the sides about 1/2 inch.
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat cane sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, baking powder, salt and eggs with an electric mixer.
- Mix on high for about 2-3 minutes until batter becomes light and fluffy.
- Pour batter over baked crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven cool completely, cut and remove from pan.
- Dust the top with a light layer of powdered sugar.
- Ready to serve and enjoy!