As by now I’m sure you know, I am a huge fan of lemons and lemon flavored everything. These cookies are no exception to the lemon obsession, as they are absolutely delicious. Cookies can be addictive enough as it is, but making them lemon and melt in your mouth amazing, they’re winning their category. If you’re a fan of cookies and lemon flavored foods that aren’t actually lemons, then this recipe is for you. You might want to empty your hiding stash, because you’re going to be needing room for these.
- 1 1/2 Cups Namaste Foods, Perfect Blend Flour (All-Purpose)
- 1/4 Cup Arrowroot Flour or Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Organic Butter
- 1/2 Cup Organic Cane Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Organic Lemon Zest (Approximately 2 Lemons)
- 2 Tbsp Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Organic Cane Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Organic Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest (for topping) *optional
- Using a hand mixer or stand up mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice next and mix again until well combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour and arrowroot/tapioca flour together.
- Add flour mix to the butter and sugar mixture in small increments of about 1/2 cup each.
- After every small portion of flour mixture is added blend it together and repeat until flour is fully incorporated to batter and it’s smooth.
- Seal the bowl containing the cookie dough with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Take cookie dough out of fridge and roll dough into 2 inch balls.
- *side note If you want your cookies flat, place a piece of parchment paper over the top of the ball and squish down with a flat bottom cup (or other) until about 1 inch thick.
- Space cookies about 2 inches apart from each other on the cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for about 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Take out of oven and cool on parchment lined wire racks.
- Combine glaze ingredients and combine well.
- Spoon glaze onto cookies while just slightly warm.