Gluten Free Pumpkin Cupcakes (Homemade Frosting!)
This recipe for gluten-free pumpkin cupcakes is best suited for autumn. If you are a pumpkin fan though, you can make these anytime and enjoy the nostalgic feeling that comes with the autumnal season. This recipe is sure to have you and everyone you know wanting to have them every time you decide to bake. I fell in love with these cupcakes the first time I tried them and I know you will too!
- 2 Cups Organic Cane Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Organic Grass-Fed Butter (or Coconut Oil)
- 2 Cups Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Organic Free-Range Eggs
- 2 Cups Namaste Foods, Perfect Blend Flour (All-Purpose)
- 2 Tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pre-Heat oven 350°F.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together butter (oil) and sugar.
- Next, add eggs and pumpkin puree and stir until creamy.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well, making sure there are no chunks.
- In a muffin/cupcake pan, line with cupcake liners and pour batter into liners (filling about 3/4’s full).
- Bake Cupcakes 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour (or starch of your choice, tapioca, cornstarch or other)
- 1 Cup Organic Milk (Coconut, Almond or Cashew would be fine)
- 3/4 Cup Organic Grass-Fed butter softened (or shortening of your choice)
- 2 Cups Organic Powdered (confectioners) Cane Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
Directions for Frosting:
- In a small/medium saucepan, place Arrowroot flour (starch) and milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat after brought to a boil and let cool until mixture reaches room temperature.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream shortening and powdered sugar until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla if desired (vanilla is optional).
- Slowly add Arrowroot mixture to creamed butter and sugar and stir until frosting is smooth.
If you want your cupcakes cream filled with frosting.
- Simply use a sharp knife to cut out a hole in the center of the cupcake.
- Use a piping bag, filled with frosting to fill the inside of the cupcake.
- You can frost the entire cupcake at this time as well.