I don’t know about everyone, but I know I love the amazing mixture of shortbread cookie, caramel, and chocolate. It’s a combination that has been a hit among candy bar lovers ever since Twix hit the aisles of stores in 1979. Do you avoid processed, sugary, junk food but still craves a sweet treat? Are you gluten-free and miss these amazing candy bars, I have the solution for you! These copy cat cookies will make you wonder why you’ve had to miss out for so long. Just remember to hide them from your friends and family unless you willing to share!
- 2 Cups + 3Tbsp Namaste Foods, Perfect Blend Flour (All-Purpose)
- 2/3 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 Cup Organic Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Organic King’s Cupboard Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Dagoba Organic Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
- Pre-Heat oven 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar and flour and lightly stir.
- Cut butter and vanilla into flour and sugar mixture, don’t feel shy about using your hands if you need to. *Just make sure you wash them first.
- The dough should not be sticky, nor should it fall apart when you try to roll a ball.
- *If it is too wet, add 1 Tablespoon of flour a time until the right consistency is reached.
- *If it is too dry, add 1 Tablespoon of butter more and mix until the right consistency is reached.
- Once the batter is the right consistency, roll dough into 2 inch balls.
- Place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Press your thumb into the top of each ball and create a thumbprint (also known as a “well”).
- Pour caramel sauce into the “well”, but not all the way to the top or it will bubble out.
- Place in the oven and bake for 14-18 minutes or until cookies have a golden brown color.
- While cookies are in the oven, melt down your Chocolate Baking Bar.
- Pull cookies out of the oven and let cool on some parchment lined cooling racks.
- Drizzle chocolate over the top of the cookies and let the chocolate harden.