In my ongoing quest to eat healthier foods, I came upon this tasty recipe for marinated grilled flounder. This is a great organic gluten-free recipe. I didn’t cook it on an outside grill I chose to use one of those George Foreman grills for this one. Remember to always use fish that were raised without antibiotics or hormones and no mercury contamination. If using wild caught fish make sure fish was certified by the Marine Stewardship Council to ensure they were caught responsibly.
- Small Grill (outside or inside)
- small saucepan
- shallow pan to marinade in
- basting brush
- Flounder Filets
- 1/2 Cup of Organic Butter
- 1/4 Cup of organic Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon organic Worcestershire Sauce ( you can use my recipe for homemade Worcestershire sauce here)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of organic Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon organic Red Pepper
- (optional) a dash of old bay and black pepper
- Put all the ingredients (except the flounder) in a small saucepan and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly to melt the butter and mix the ingredients well.
- Place the flounder fillets in a long shallow pan and pour the mixture over the fish, cover and set in the refrigerator.
- Marinate the fish in this mixture for at least an hour. To evenly distribute the flavor turn the fish over every thirty minutes.
- Preheat your grill and spray it with coconut oil cooking spray. (this step doesn’t add any flavor it just keeps the fish from sticking to the grill)
- Once you are ready to cook the flounder drain the marinade from the fish and set marinade aside for basting.
- Place the fish onto the hot grill and allow it to cook basting the fish often with the marinade. The flounder should be done cooking in approx. 5 minutes.
- Your flounder should be tasty and flake easily with a fork!