We eat sooo much chicken at my house! My family loves chicken, but they also expect me to come up with a thousand different ways to cook it. I’m always looking for new and inventive ways to cook chicken! When my aunt told me about this recipe, I was stoked because I love the flavors of mustard and citrus. I just couldn’t imagine the flavors together on chicken. This recipe is one of those tender and flavorful ways to cook chicken.
If you want a quick way to get a chicken dinner on the table, this is it. The bold hint of citrus will make your mouth dance with excitement! Nothing beats clean healthy eating like this either. You can prep this meal the night before because it allows the chicken to have more time to marinate. However, it’s not necessary.
- 1/2 Cup Fine Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tsp Organic Lemon Zest
- 3 Tbsp Country -Style Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 4 oz Organic Chicken Breast Halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the gluten-free bread up into squares, drizzle with olive oil, and mix well to make sure the oil is evenly distributed. Put the squares on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and sprinkle them with garlic powder and seasoned salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned. After bread is removed, change oven temp to 375°F.
- Crumble the toast for breadcrumbs. Combine the breadcrumbs and lemon zest in a ziplock bag. Shake the mixture well to combine the flavors.
- In a small dish or measuring cup, combine the Dijon mustard and the lemon and lime juices. Brush this mixture over both sides of the chicken. Let the chicken marinate for a few minutes before placing the chicken in the bag with the bread crumb and lemon zest mixture. Shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish coated with cooking spray and then sprinkle the chicken with the remaining bread crumb mixture. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes on each side or until the chicken is done. Plate your chicken and garnish with the lemon slices. All that’s left to do now is add your side dishes and enjoy! You might want to make some extra because these are great for sandwiches.