Here I am again with another way to cook chicken! Sometimes I think I might grow wings. Chicken is just inexpensive and so tasty. But sometimes I get bored with eating chicken the same old ways all the time. So I don’t mind taking the extra effort to make dinner special sometimes. The parmesan & breadcrumbs in this recipe gives the chicken a crunchy outside crust that is simply delightful.
It’s healthier than eating fried chicken so I decided to add it to my chicken meal rotation. What I do is actively seek delectable ways to prepare chicken and try my best to add a healthier twist if I can. I do this by eliminating processed GMO ingredients, glutens and any other unhealthy ingredient and I substitute them with healthy, real, fresh and whole food ingredients. It really does make you feel better knowing you have chosen to feed your family a cleaner, healthier meal! Sometimes it’s the little things that count.
- 2 to 3 Pieces of Gluten-Free Bread (Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-Free bread)
- 1 Cup of Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Organic Butter, melted
- 1/3 Cup of Organic Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Dry White Wine
- 8 Organic Chicken Breast (skinned and boned)
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread up into squares and drizzle them with olive oil, mix them well to make sure the oil is evenly distributed. Put the squares on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and sprinkle them with garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Bake for 15-20 or until browned. Remove from the oven and let them cool off.
- Once the breadcrumbs are cooled, using a food processor crush the bread crumbs into a coarse texture.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a standard 8 or 9 inch pan and mix in the fresh parmesan and butter. In a separate 8 or 9 inch pan mix the mustard and wine.
- Season the chicken lightly with black pepper and seasoned salt. Coat the chicken with the wine and mustard and then dip the chicken in the parmesan and bread crumb mixture. Place them slightly apart on parchment paper on a 10×15 inch pan. Bake at 500°F until the chicken is golden brown and make sure it’s white in the thickest part. Cut the chicken to test to make sure it’s done. It takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes.