Pomegranate, Pistachio Salad with Pomegranate, Sweet Chili Dressing
- A Large Head of Organic Romain Lettuce, sliced
- 1 Sweet Organic Apple, Gala or Fuji, chopped
- An Organic Pear, chopped
- An Organic Cucumber, de-seeded and diced
- 1/3 Cup of Sunflower Seeds
- 2/3 Cup of De-Shelled Pistachios
- 1/3 Cup of Pomegranate Arils
- 1/2 Cup of Feta Cheese
- 1 Cup of Organic Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Cup of Organic Blackberries
Pomegranate, Sweet Chili Dressing:
- 1 5.3 oz Pomegranate Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup of Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 2 TB POM Pomegranate Juice
- 2 TB Mayo
- 1 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 TSP Worchestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- May substitute pomegranate yogurt with strawberry, raspberry or cherry flavors.
- Combine dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Chill for about an hour or while prepping the salad.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss salad ingredients to mix well.
- Top with cooled salad dressing prior to eating. Enjoy!
One of the things that previously held me back from purchasing ingredients to make salads at home was the fact that I was bored of the same old salad and so was my family. I stumbled across a recipe for a loaded salad and knew that I had to try to make one myself. Homemade salads and dressings have been such a great contribution to our menu, as my husband and children absolutely love the flavor and diversity of loaded salads. I know now that I can never go back to our previous salad staple of iceberg lettuce and ranch, and it’s amazing how creating new tastes and food varieties for your palate makes eating healthy that much more enjoyable.