Raw Broccoli Salad
Sometimes it is just better to keep it raw. Like this raw broccoli salad.
- 3 cups of chopped broccoli
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbs of finely chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp of pink salt
- Wash and finely chop the broccoli, several florets at a time. Include 1 garlic clove in the chopping. Chop for another minute and then add the second clove. Keep chopping until the broccoli is 1/2cm to 1cm pieces.
- Place the broccoli into a large, non-reactive* bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and then mix well with a metal spoon. Cover and let the broccoli sit in the fridge for one hour.
*Non-reactive means stainless steel, glass or ceramic lined.